At the Competition Center, there is a testing point organized by the city of Rovaniemi and served by our partner Mehiläinen. Testing is done without time reservation and is possible to take for free in case of even mild symptoms hinting at coronavirus infection or a suspicion thereof.
City of Rovaniemi COVID-19 testing point is open at the Competition Center as follows:
- Friday 20.08. 16:00-20:00
- Saturday 21.08. 10:00-21:00
- Sunday 22.08. 10:00-16:00
The above-mentioned tests are express antigen tests. When you arrive in Finland, you can go to this testing point and have the test for free.
If you need a PCR test and a certificate in English for the return trip in your country, you can buy one at a Mehiläinen testing facility.
Tips: How to get a PCR test?
Mehiläinen online store offers you a convenient way to purchase and pay for a coronavirus test, and provides you with instructions regarding testing. Price of pcr test is 300,50e. Notice that if the negative test result certificate is needed on paper, it should be picked up from a Mehiläinen location or our Jukola testing station and it will cost extra 23e administrave fee.
If you are healthy and need a coronavirus test for travel, please follow these steps:
- Go to the online store and select the coronavirus test. You can purchase the test for yourself or for someone else.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your payment to your e-mail address. Once the payment of the test has been recorded and the referral is ready, the person to be tested receives a text message and an e-mail message. You can then come to test to our testlocation in the Jukola area.
- If the purchase has been made between 6 am to 20 pm, the email and SMS will be sent within 2 hours.
- If the purchase has been made between 20 pm to 6 am, the email and SMS will be sent by 8 am.
- Once the person to be tested has received this information, they can go to a testing station for a test.
- You can buy the test before hand, so if you need to take the test at weekend, you can buy it now so the referral is ready when you need it.
- When the result is ready you will get the answer from the laboratory test to your phone. If the test result is positive, you will receive a phone call with further instructions. Please, make sure that service numbers and service messages are approved in your phone settings. If the test result is negative, you will receive a negative coronavirus certificate electronically in your email. If a paper copy of the negative test result certificate is needed, it should be picked up from a Mehiläinen location or our Jukola testing station (+23e fee).
- If you have not received a text message with the result within two days, we kindly ask you to contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.